- TCS Operator Panels on bridge
- TCS Operator Panel control functions
- Back-up control of pitch or RPM
- TCS Control Cabinet
- Option: Electric motor drive
The Mega-Guard Tunnel Thruster Control System (TCS) fully automates from bridge the control of the tunnel thruster. The tunnel thruster can be equipped with CPP or FPP and can be driven by electric or diesel motor.
The Tunnel Thruster Control System fulfills the rules of the classification societies and includes remote control, safety, RPM/pitch indication and a back-up control system. The Tunnel Thruster Control System is often used in combination with a Mega-Guard Dynamic Positioning System.
Operator Panels can be supplied for bridge fore, bridge aft and bridge wings. Operator panels are equipped with a pitch and/or RPM setting lever and a control display to select various operator modes and to indicate pitch, RPM and motor load or amperage.
Customer can easily execute commissioning as all parameters are selectable on the Operator Panels in a user friendly way.
Main components on each control position are:
- Pitch or RPM setting lever including clutch control in case of FPP driven by diesel motor
- 5.7” TFT colour display equipped with pitch, RPM and load indicators.
In addition, the 5.7” TFT is equipped with 6 control pushbuttons and various other indicators including alarms.
- Back-up control of pitch or RPM and clutch in case of FPP driven by diesel motor
- Option: Emergency Stop pushbutton
Two or more bridge panels are supplied in case of bridge fore and bridge aft or in case of bridge wings. Bumpless take over control is realized with line-up indication lamps on the 5.7” TFT colour display or an electrical shaft (synchronization) between bridge levers can be supplied as an option.
Pushbuttons are integrated on the Operator Panel with function indication on the 5.7" TFT colour display. The following typical functions can be selected:
- Start motor and stop motor
- DP/Joystick mode
- Load trim setting (%)
- Emergency mode selection
- Take over control from bridge fore to bridge aft and/or to bridge wings and vice versa
- Dimming mode selection
- Parameter mode selection
The non follow up back-up control is used as a back-up in case the remote
control system fails. Typically the back-up control contains 3 pushbuttons on each control location:
- Non follow-up control; in order to select this mode
- Increase pitch or RPM to starboard
- Decrease pitch or RPM to portside
Alternatively: RPM setting can be equipped with a potentiometer instead of pushbuttons. In case of FPP driven by diesel motor: back-up clutch control pushbuttons can be integrated as well.
The TCS Control Cabinet is bulkhead mounted in thruster room. The TCS Control Cabinet includes a remote control system, an indication system (pitch, RPM, load etc), a back-up control system and a no break power supply with power distribution. The remote control system is built-up with a Control Processor and two I/O Modules:
- I/O Module with 18 digital inputs and 18 relay outputs
- I/O Module with 4 analog outputs and up to 20 configurable I/O points
- (AI,AO,DI and DO)
Programming of TCS is in according with IEC61131 standard. Field cables are connected to the terminal strips on the I/O Modules. The Control Processor also supports serial interfaces which are supplied in case the motor or drive provides a serial interface or in case a serial interface is required with AMS. Two power supplies need to be connected to the Tunnel Thruster Control System:
- 230VAC main supply
- 24VDC back-up battery supply
The TCS Control Cabinet is equipped with local indicators and pushbuttons in the front of the cabinet:
- Dual indicator for pitch and shaft RPM or load indicator implemented on 5,7" TFT
- Back-up control pushbuttons for pitch or RPM
- Option: Emergency Stop pushbutton
All other components from the Tunnel Thruster Control System are fed from the power distribution logic in the TCS Control Cabinet. The Operator Panels on bridge are connected to the TCS Control Cabinet via redundant Ethernet connection.
Either a soft starter cabinet will be provided (in case of CPP) or a variable frequency drive cabinet will be provided (in case of FPP). Electric motors are supported from 250KW up to 3400KW with voltages up to 690VAC.
View a list of our worldwide sales and service network.