- Operator Panels on bridge and control room
- FPP Operator Panel control functions
- Back-up control of RPM and clutch
- FPP Control Cabinet
- FPP Local Cabinet
The Mega-Guard FPP Propulsion Control System (FPP) fully automates from bridge and control room the control of main engine and reversing clutch in case of diesel motor.
The FPP thruster can be driven by electric or diesel motor. The Mega-Guard FPP can be supplied for a single engine / single FPP thruster or for a dual engine / dual FPP thruster.
Two engines on one shaft is supported as an option as well.
The FPP Propulsion Control System fulfills the rules of the classification societies and includes remote control, safety, engine RPM and shaft RPM indication. As an option, a back-up control system can be supplied.
Operator Panels can be supplied for bridge fore, bridge aft, bridge wings and control room. Operator panels are equipped with a combined RPM and clutch setting lever and a control display to select various operator modes and to indicate engine RPM, shaft RPM and motor load. Customer can easily execute commissioning as all parameters are selectable on the Operator Panels in a user friendly way.
Main components on each control position are (in case of a single engine and single FPP thruster):
- RPM setting lever including clutch control in case of FPP driven by diesel motor
- 8.4” TFT colour display equipped with engine RPM, shaft RPM and load indicators.
- The 8.4” TFT is equipped with 12 control pushbuttons and various other indicators including alarms.
- Emergency Stop pushbutton
- Option: back-up control of RPM and clutch control in case of FPP driven by diesel motor
- Option: telegraph system
A VDR serial interface is provided on the bridge Operator Panel (NMEA0183 protocol). Two or more bridge panels are supplied in case of bridge fore and bridge aft. Dual wing indicators for RPM and shaft RPM, implemented on 5.7” TFT, are available as well. The wing panel can be extended with RPM setting lever and Emergency Stop pushbutton. Bumpless take over control is realized with line-up indication lamps on the 8.4” and 5.7" TFT colour displays or an electrical shaft (synchronization) between bridge levers can be supplied as an option.
Pushbuttons are integrated on the Operator Panel with function indication on the 8.4” TFT colour display. The following typical functions can be selected:
- Start motor and stop motor
- Engage clutch and disengage clutch
- Sailing and manoeuvring mode
- Load trim setting (%)
- Take over control from bridge to control room and vice versa
- Tandem mode selection
- Dimming mode selection (bridge) or parameter mode selection (control room)
The optional non follow up back-up control is used as a back-up in case the remote control system fails. Typically the back-up control contains 5 pushbuttons on each control location (in case of diesel motor):
- Non follow-up control ; in order to select this mode
- Increase RPM
- Decrease RPM
- Clutch ahead
- Clutch astern
Alternatively: RPM setting can be equipped with a potentiometer instead of pushbuttons.
The FPP Control Cabinet is bulkhead mounted in control room. The FPP Control Cabinet includes a remote control system, an indication system (engine RPM, shaft RPM, load etc), an optional back-up control system and a no break power supply with power distribution. The remote control system is built-up with a Control Processor and two I/O Modules:
- I/O Module with 18 digital inputs and 18 relay outputs
- I/O Module with 4 analog outputs and up to 20 free configurable I/O points (AI,AO,DI and DO)
Programming of the Mega-Guard FPP is in accordance with the IEC61131 standard. Field cables are connected to the terminal strips on the I/O Modules. The Control Processor also supports serial interfaces which are supplied in case the motor or drive provides a serial interface or in case a serial interface is required with AMS. Two power supplies need to be connected to the FPP Propulsion Control System:
- 230VAC main supply
- 24VDC back-up battery supply
All other components from the FPP Propulsion Control System are fed from the power distribution logic in the FPP Control Cabinet. The Operator Panels on bridge and control room are connected to the FPP Control Cabinet via redundant Ethernet connection.
The FPP Local Cabinet is bulkhead mounted (with vibration dampers) on the main engine. The FPP Local Cabinet includes the following:
- Dual indicator for engine RPM and shaft RPM implemented on 5,7" TFT
- Emergency Stop pushbutton
- Option: back-up RPM and clutch control
- Option: telegraph reply panel
View a list of our worldwide sales and service network.