The addressable Mega-Guard Fire Alarm System (FAS) monitors up to 4 or 8 different fire loops on the vessel in compliance with EN54-2 and type approval by class societies. The fire detection sensors of each loop are connected in a loop and the wiring is connected to the Mega-Guard Fire Alarm System. The Fire Alarm System is equipped with a 8 line/40 character LCD display in order to display detailed fire alarm messages. The Fire Alarm System supports up to 126 addressable detectors in a single loop:
- Smoke detector
- Flame detector
- Heat detector
- Manual call point
The Mega-Guard FAS is connected to the main supply and to the back-up supply for automatic change over in case of failure of supply voltage.
The Mega-Guard Fire Alarm System is built-up with four items:
- FAS Operator Panel
- FAS Mixed I/O Module
- I/O Cable in between FAS Operator Panel and FAS I/O Module
- Fire detectors and manual call points
The Mega-Guard FAS has two operating levels; one is accessible for all crew members and the second level is only accesible for authorized crew members. The second level can only be entered by entering a personal code via the pushbuttons on the front of the Fire Alarm Panel. In addition, an installation mode is used by authorized personell during installation.
The following functions are accessible for all crew members in level 1:
- Lamp test function.
- Dimming function.
- Stop Horn function for Fire and/or Fault alarm. This function is only available when selected during installation.
- Panel Reset function for Fault alarm. This function is only available when selected during installation.
The following functions are accesible for authorized crew members in level 2:
- Stop Horn function for Fire and Fault alarm.
- Panel Reset function for Fire and Fault alarm.
- Disable/enable zone.
- Re-activate Siren output and internal buzzer.
A Fire alarm is generated when one or more of the detectors and/or manual call points connected to the zone inputs comes into alarm condition. The Fire Alarm System is able to distinguish all individual zone alarms.
The Fire alarm procedure is as follows:
- Activation of: Fire Alarm lamp, internal buzzer (2Hz), external Siren (continuous) and identification of sensor in alarm on LCD display.
- When Stop Horn is pressed in Level 2 the internal buzzer and external siren are silenced. This function is also available in Level 1 when selected during installation.
- When Panel Reset (Ack) pressed in Level 2 the system is reset. Fire Alarm lamp will extinguish and LCD display will be cleared when fire alarm condition has disappeared.
Note that the internal buzzer and external siren can be activated again in Level 2 by pressing Stop Horn for more than 2 seconds.
A Fault alarm is generated when one of the following conditions occurs:
- Loop (line) fault
- Siren fault
- Earth failure
- Main or back-up supply failure
The Fault procedure is as follows:
- Activation of: corresponding yellow Fault lamp, internal buzzer, Fault output and external siren (when selected during installation).
- When Stop Horn is pressed in Level 2 the internal buzzer and external Siren are silenced. This function is also available in Level 1 when selected during installation.
- In case automatic Panel Reset for Faults is selected during installation, the system will return to normal condition when fault disappears.
- In case manual Panel Reset for Faults is selected during installation, the system will return to normal condition after pressing Panel Reset when fault disappears.
- Adjustment of dimming level: Arrow Left (less brightness) and Arrow Right (more brightness) pushbuttons. Note that the dimming level is also transmitted via the Ethernet network so that other connected Mega-Guard Operator Panels are dimmed to the same dimming level automatically.
- Activating Lamp test function: Pressing the Panel Reset and Stop Horn pushbutton simultaneously when the Mega-Guard FAS is in normal operation.
- Entering Level 2: Level 2 is active when the correct personal code is entered. This can be achieved by pressing Access Level 2 pushbutton and than Enter Password will be displayed on the LCD display. The password can be entered with the pushbuttons on the Fire Alarm Panel.
- Entering Installation mode: Installation mode is entered in the same way as Level 2 however with a different password. Note that the configuration data can be stored and loaded through a USB memory stick.
View a list of our worldwide sales and service network.